Thursday, October 9, 2008

MORE SUB STORIES

1. A kid asked me today if he could smell my hair.
Another kid asked me how old I was. I told him I was OLD. Then he said I looked 18. Ahh.. sweet uh?!

2. A few weeks ago I subbed for a guy that was just going to be in meetings all day. I was told I didn't need a key b/c he should be in the room. I walked over- no teacher- waited a couple minutes and then went back to the office to get a key. (I like to look over the entire day of lesson plans b/f the class arrives.) It was no problem, the office manager gave me a key and I went back in search of the plans. I looked on every stack of papers, on every desk and NOTHING. I walked back to the office and asked if there were any plans for me. She said she just saw the teacher and just to go back and wait. I went back and a minute or so later he walked in w stacks of paper and said, "here are the plans for the day, you can look at them and ask me any questions- but they are self explanatory so you shouldn't have questions." I look the stack of papers and he walked away and under his breath he said, "Oh, I hate subs."

3. The teacher was in the class when I got to her room. She was picking up some things b/f she had to go. She said she wanted to tell me a little bit about some of the kids. Here's what she said, 
   "It a 5th grade class of 36, these 3 (pointing to desks) don't speak any English, this kid (again pointing to a desk) is ADD and ADHD so I never give him homework- whatever he does in class is what he does, this one is oppositional and there's a good chance he'll either cry or yell if he doesn't want to do something, about 8 go to speech thru-out the day and the one guy in the back sometimes thinks he's a snake- so just go w it."


No comments: